THE GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF THE ASSOCIATION
- The protection and promotion of orderly development of Lower Houghton;
- The protection, promotion and maintenance of its environmental integrity;
- The promotion, protection and preservation of areas and buildings of historical and cultural interest;
- Engaging in the conservation, rehabilitation and protection of its natural environment;
- The promotion and active engagement of environmental awareness, greening and clean-up of Lower Houghton;
- The protection of the safety of its owners legitimate occupiers and general public in the area;
- Lobbying, creating awareness, and making representations in support of the objectives above.
To meet the objectives of the Association and to ensure focus on specific issues, four sub-committees have been formed with clearly defined responsibilities.
2018 Committee: Natalie Webb, Howard Lowenthal, Mohammed Seedat, Wendy van der Merwe, Eleonore Godfroy.